The North Carolina Community College System’s OER Community of Practice has announced its Fall 2022 session presenters. The OER Community of Practice is open to anyone (teaching faculty, librarians, staff, etc.) in the NC community college system and meetings are typically held the first Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m.
Fall 2022 Schedule
September 1 Presentation:
- Practical Steps and Tools for Incorporating Equity and Inclusion into OER Content with Rachel Becker
Rachel Becker is the Copyright & Open Educational Resources Librarian at Madison Area Technical College in Madison, WI. Her professional interests focus on incorporating equity and inclusion into course materials through OER. A recent graduate of SPARC’s Open Educational Leadership fellowship program and leader in providing guidance to state and national OER programs, she serves on several conference planning committees.
October 6, 11:00 a.m. Presenters:
- Andrea Scott: OER Coordinator, Salt Lake Community College
- Ursula Pike: Associate Director of Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex), Texas Association of Community Colleges
November 3. 11:00 a.m. Presenters:
- Una Daly: Director of Community College Consortium for OER (CCCOER)
- Michael Mills: Vice President, E-Learning, Innovation and Teaching Excellence, Montgomery College
Join the NCCC System OER Community
If you would like to attend the monthly virtual sessions, join the NCCC System OER Comm. of Practice e-mail list by contacting Elizabeth Simpson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Librarians on openNCCC
There is also an NCCC OER Librarians group on openNCCC. Once there, click Join this Group to get started. We hope to “see” you there.
Submitted by Angela Davis, Pitt CC